Pink Bream Crudo Part Two: Bream crudo with Dulce and pink grapefruit
Part two of the sea bream crudo. To see part one, click on the following link:https://samuel2004wong.wixsite.com/website/post/pink-bream-crudo-part-1-pink-bream-belly-with-yuzu-kosho-and-white-soy-sauce. This recipe utilizes the loin of the fish, a leaner cut with a milder flavour. Wasabi crème fraîche would have been a welcomed addition to this dish, unfortunately, I did not have any crème fraîche at the time. Furthermore, dulce's umami and light smokiness makes it a wonderful addition to this dish!
Pink bream loin with the skin off
Extra virgin olive oil (Use your best olive oil, ideally one that is not too peppery, as we are using it to finish the dish)
Fleur de sel
Mujjol caviar (herring roe)
Red ribbon sorrel
Soak the dulce in a bowl of ice water for 15 minutes, drain and set aside
2. In serving dish, squirt a bit of grapefruit juice and lemon juice at the bottom. This prevents the top part of the fish from being denatured by the acid in the citrus, which would alter the look of the dish.
3. Slice the bream at an angle into thin uniform slices.
4. Roughly mince the dulce.
5. Plate the sea bream on top of the citrus juice.
6. Top the fish with our dulce, sorrel, and mujoll caviar.
7. Add a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of fleur de sel for texture and enjoy!